Labels

Saturday, December 18, 2010

PRODUCT JUNKY-ISM

Sorry I've been M.I.A everyone, I had finals and other things I needed to attend to but I'm back to talk about something that not only I, but alot of other women trying to take care of their hair, experience...

My name is Ms. Larutan and I'm a product junky...




A product junky (PJ) is someone who just can't seem to keep their hands off of hair products. I've tried so many things and whenever I hear about something new I can't wait to "experiment". For me it started around the time when I started taking better care of my relaxed hair. My PJism spun into overdrive when I decided to go natural. I was going all over the internet seeing all these reviews for this product and that product. Before I knew it I was buying products for my natural hair before I had even big chopped. It was outrageous lol. Eventually I lowered my purchases down but every once in a while I still buy something new. I LOVE buying hair associated things. I get happy in the beauty supply store or in a common hair aisle. Whenever I walk into anywhere that has hair products/accessories, even the average grocery store, I feel like I have to go look.

Sure, I find alot of good things that I end up loving and buying more of. And sometimes these product buying urges turn into my staple products. However, sometimes... they don't.

The thing about being a PJ is that not all products are going to work the way you fantasize they will. That review that you heard from that one random youtube girl that one day a few weeks ago?.....she doesn't have your hair. Some product purchases aren't going to melt away your tangles. The truth is that you've probably got something underneath your sink that'll do that already! lol.

So to all my fellow PJs, we've got to do better lol. I think I'm one of the worst PJs because I've just recently started tweaking the products that didn't work for me... a lot of the time I had just ended up pushing them to the back of my sink. But that's going to change. I'm going to try really hard to at least use up three-fourths of everything that I don't like in addition to using up everything that I do before I go out and try to find something that could possibly work better.

And to anyone who has just gone natural, TRY not to become a PJ. I've found that a lot of products seem to work better with every use so give it a little bit of time before you move on to the next thing. And also, don't jump on every hair product bandwagon. Basically just spend wisely. You (and your wallet) will thank me for it. =]

That's all for now
Less than Three <3

Ms. Larutan

No comments:

Post a Comment